Amazing Benefits to Sealing Your Deck
If you have been pondering the pros and cons of different deck finishes as of late, we want to help. Here at Century Painting, we have painted and sealed a lot of decks in our time. And the reason we continue to offer these services is because we have seen firsthand the many benefits that they afford home and business owners. We believe in deck sealing in Charlotte NC so in today’s post, we wanted to highlight some of the most important benefits of this practice.
As a deck owner, you pretty much have 3 main options: painting, staining and sealing. And while all 3 have their merits, sealing has unique benefits that you should know about before you make your decision…
- Only Sealing Preserves the Beauty of the Wood – No that’s not an overstatement because even stains alter the color of the wood to some degree.While it’s true that stains can allow the natural grain pattern of the wood to be preserved, they will still make the wood appear darker. If you love the natural grain pattern and color of your deck wood, a clear stain is the best way to go.
- Sealing can Add an Attractive Sheen – The great thing about sealants these days is that they come in wide varieties. You can get a sealer that is pretty much invisible. But if you want to make more of an impact with your deck without altering the natural beauty of the wood, you can get a seal that adds a stylistic sheen to the wood.
- Sealing Protects from Moisture – Deck sealants penetrate deep within the wood to help waterproof the planks. They also generate a film on the surface to keep water from soaking into the wood. This dual-action protection is ideal for preventing wood rot, fungal growth, mildew and mold – all of which can have detrimental effects on your deck.
- Sealing is Cost-Effective – Sealing is one of the most cost-effective modes of finishing your deck if you choose to handle the project yourself. But even if you hire a contractor, it is still one of the most affordable options when compared to staining and some paints.
- Sealing can Save your Wood – Painting and staining don’t offer the protective qualities that sealing does. When restoring an old, damaged deck, we often recommend sealing as the finishing touch because it will actually protect vulnerable wood from sustaining more damage.
- Sealers can be used in Tandem with Stains – A lot of people like the idea that stains add coloration to their deck and that the added pigmentation protects form UV rays. But apart from UV protection, you don’t get much else in the way of deck defense with stain alone. But you can use a combination sealer that contains pigmentation for all-around weather, water and UV protection.
Professional Deck Sealing
These benefits are really only the beginning. Hire us here at Century Painting and we will make sure you get all the awesome advantages of professional deck sealing in Charlotte NC.